Elkanah Cushman was born 1 June 1651 in Plymouth, Plymouth County, Massachusetts, Kingdom of England to Thomas Cushman (1608-1691) and Mary Allerton (1616-1699) and died 4 September 1727 Plympton, Plymouth County, Massachusetts, Kingdom of England of unspecified causes. He married Elizabeth Cole (1654-1681) 10 February 1677 in Plymouth, Plymouth County, Massachusetts. He married Martha Cooke (1659-1722) 2 March 1683 in Plymouth, Plymouth County, Massachusetts.
Son of Thomas Cushman and Mary Allerton, grandson of Deacon Robert Cushman and Sara Reder, Isaac Allerton and Mary Norris.
Marriage and Family
1st Marriage: Elizabeth Cole
Elkanah was the husband of Elizabeth Cole, the daughter of James Cole, Jr. They were married 10 Feb 1676 in Plymouth, and had one son:
- Deacon Elkanah Cushman 1678 – 1714
2nd Marriage: Martha Cooke
Secondly, Elkanah was the husband of Martha Cooke, the daughter of Mayflower Jacob Cooke and Damaris Hopkins. They were married 02 Mar 1682 in Plymouth,
|Offspring of Elkanah Cushman and Elizabeth Cole (1654-1681)|
|Elkanah Cushman (1678-1715)|
|John Cushman (1679-1760)||20 October 1679 Plympton, Plymouth County, Massachusetts, Kingdom of England||1760||Joanna Pratt (1692-1726) Joanna Pratt (1692-1726) Sarah Hatch (1687-1775)|
|Offspring of Elkanah Cushman and Martha Cooke (1659-1722)|
|Jabez Cushman (1681-1782)|
|Mary Cushman (1682-1772)|
|Jacob Cushman (1683-)|
|Allerton Cushman (1683-1730)|
|Elizabeth Cushman (1685-1725)|
|Josiah Cushman (1687-1750)|
|Martha Cushman (1690-1771)|
|Mehitable Cushman (1693-1725)|
- Mayflower Families Through Five Generations (Vol. 12: Francis Cooke) by Ralph Van Wood-After twenty years of research Van Wood, already well known for his decades of Pilgrim research, brings you the definitive answers on Francis Cooke and his descendants. (Publ 1999).
- Elkanah Cushman - disambiguation
- Cushman in Plymouth County, Massachusetts - first families genealogy
- Elkanah Cushman - FindAGrave