A family tree is generally the totality of 'one's ancestors represented as a tree structure, or more specifically, a chart used in genealogy. The image of the tree probably originated with one in medieval art of the Tree of Jesse, used to illustrate the Genealogy of Jesus in terms of a prophecy of Isaiah (Isaiah, 11, 1). Possibly the first non-Biblical use, and the first to show full family relationships rather than a purely patrilineal scheme, was several family trees of the classical gods in Boccaccio's Genealogia deorum gentilium (On the Genealogy of the Gods of the Gentiles), whose first version dates to 1360. From the earliest manuscript copies the trees are included, and they were probably part of the original work.
|Dad||Mom||Uncle Mike||Aunt Lisa|
Large Family Trees:
- WikiTree - free; over 25 million individuals
- Genoom.com family tree and private family network
- Albero Conce, Family Trees
- Tribal Junction Create flash family tree
- Tribal Pages Free Family Tree maker
- Familiaridade Free Family Tree maker
- WeRelate.org Wiki-based family tree with over 1 million person and family pages
- Who Do You Think You Are?
- FamilyInHistory Make your family tree website to display your "family in history"
- Ftree2 Free family tree server program
- Living Memory Social network for family and close friends, with collaborative family tree creator, timeline, stories, photo sharing, contacts, inbox and security control.
- Famiva Family social network with collaborative family tree builder, photo sharing, stories, calendar and maps.
- FamilyPulse Upload your GEDCOM to create a family tree
- Family Tree Place
- ohile.com- a site to create your family tree and link with other family trees
- Family History UK
- active Family Tree
- Family Echo -- Online tool for drawing family trees
- DNAWeekly - Ancestral Tree Creator
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Family tree. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|