These rules are made in accordance with Help:Wiki Rules and Blocking Policy.
- Keep it civil: Do not make personal attacks on other people. If you need to criticize another user’s argument, do so without attacking them as a person. Do not use bigoted language, including slurs which degrade another person or group of people based on gender, race, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, etc.
- Be a productive member of the wiki: Contribute to the wiki in line with the established processes and conventions. Need help? Ask an administrator or use the Help desk! Disrupting the wiki with “edit warring” over differing opinions of a topic with another user or group of users is not productive.
- Do not engage in excessive self-promotion: The wiki is a collaborative community resource for genealogy and family history. It is NOT a free place to advertise your related website, YouTube channel, blog, social media account, etc, or to write about a person with no mention of parents or children. Have a question about whether your article or link would be welcome? Ask an administrator!
- Do not harass other users: If somebody asks you to stop posting certain content on their wall or user talk page, respect their wishes. It is theirs.
- Do follow Familypedia guidelines for formatting and Page names: Because the Familypedia has established formatting and naming, it’s important to adhere to them, especially when templates are involved.
- Do not edit templates unless you are fully aware of what they do.