Semantic Forms version 2.0.8
Original Message -----
From: "Yaron Koren" <email@example.com> To: "Semantic MediaWiki users" <firstname.lastname@example.org> Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2011 5:50 AM Subject: [Semediawiki-user] [SF] Version 2.0.8: parsing of #set etc., SFI compatibility, red-link improvements, etc.
Version 2.0.8 of Semantic Forms has been released. Changes and additions in this version include:
- Templates that set properties via any of the parser functions #set,
- set_internal or #declare, or any combination of them, now have the
connection between property name and template parameter/field name understood correctly by the form (usually), so that you no longer have to explicitly set "|property=..." in the form definition for the correct form input to be displayed for that field.
- Performance was improved for handling red links. As you may know, Semantic Forms allows you to change red links so that the link itself points to a form for editing that page, instead of the page's regular "edit" tab. The way this was done was very inefficient, though, involving a few database calls for every red link. This didn't make much of a difference for pages with one or two red links, but it made a big impact for pages that have hundreds of red links. The code now uses some in-memory caching, to try to guarantee that only the minimum number of database calls is made. Additionally, you can now add "$sfgRedLinksCheckOnlyLocalProps = true;" to LocalSettings.php, so that only properties pointing from the current page to the red link will be checked when looking for forms for that red-linked page, instead of all properties in the wiki. That lets you further speed up the process, if performance is still an issue.
- There was a recent security patch to MediaWiki, that will also go into all future MediaWiki versions, that had the unfortunate effect of disabling the file-upload window. This is now fixed: Semantic Forms sets a MediaWiki global variable, $wgEditPageFrameOptions, to restore the correct behavior.
- Handling was fixed for field values containing curly brackets, for partial forms, thanks to a patch from JBE.
- The "preload=" parameter for non-free-text fields apparently has never worked correctly; now it does - fixed thanks to Andrew Garrett.
- "remove" buttons for multiple-instance template sometimes failed to remove their instance, if the formatting for each instance was more complex than the default; this is fixed now.
- More support for MediaWiki 1.18 was added - the structure of the QueryPage class was changed last month, so the code now handles the new structure as well as the old.
- If a form input was configured to prepend a namespace to the page the user entered, it first checked whether that page name already contained a namespace, and if so, didn't do the prepending. Unfortunately, that check was too aggressive, and cancelled the prepending for any page whose name contains a colon. Now the prepending is only cancelled if the page starts with the exact namespace in question.
- "rtsp://" was added to the set of allowed beginnings for URL values (in addition to "http", etc.)
You can download the new version here: