Several years ago (late 1990s), I did a bit of genealogical research using The Master Genealogist. Not sure how to quantify the amount of research.. perhaps 300+ names, but I honestly don't remember.
In the meantime, I switched to Mac (no TMG version on Mac) and moved to Japan (can't easily do any original research from here), and got "busy" with the rest of life.
BUT, somewhere, I have my old old TMG data, not in GEDCOM format.
Though I'm expecting a chorus of silence for an answer (heck, I'm not willing to spend the time on my own data! ;-) I wonder if anyone, as a labor of love, would like to
- receive a copy of my old old TMG data
- import it into your copy of The Master Genealogist
- this would likely require update of the data to new format, but I think TMG will do this automagically
- export it to GEDCOM
- upload the GEDCOM data to this site
Oh wait, there's no profit involved, but lemme know if this sounds like fun!
Thunderrabbit 02:47, 10 August 2008 (UTC)
- I use only Family Tree Maker. And I'm not sure of the latest developments in converting GEDCOMs here. (I noticed your edit summary saying you had trouble finding a page - the page with the trailing "s" in its name is the only "See also" link on the GEDCOM page.) Good luck! Robin Patterson 04:47, 10 August 2008 (UTC)