Griffin de Warren was born 1345 in Ightfield, Shropshire, England to Griffin de Warren (1320-1356) and Matilda le Strange (c1320-1350) and died 1405 Ightfield, Shropshire, England of unspecified causes.
Griffin is a Welsh name, the second element deriving from Welsh udd "lord, prince" but the first element being of uncertain meaning. Ightfield was mentioned as ISTEFELT in the Domesday Book and though not as important as some parishes in the area, it had its own priest which implies an established community which had its own church. The constant necessity of defending their territories against the Welsh prompted the Norman lords of Shropshire to such activity in castle-building that out of 186 castles in England no less than 32 are in this county. Shropshire became a key area within the Welsh Marches.
"Griffin de Warren of Ightfield, m. Margaret Corbet, daughter of Sir Piers de Corbet."
|John de Warren (c1370-1413)||1370 Ightfield, Shropshire, England||1413 Ightfield, Shropshire, England||Emma Cheney (c1375-c1400)|
|Griffith de Warren (c1372-)|
|Griffin de Warren (c1345-1405)||1345 Ightfield, Shropshire, England||1405 Ightfield, Shropshire, England||Margaret Corbett (c1360-1404)|
- Griffin Warren
- Warren in Shropshire
- Warenne Family Ancestry
- Griffin de Warenne of Ightfield - GENI
- Griffin de Warren - NielsenHayden Genealogy
- Medieval English Ancestors of Robert Abell by Carl Boyer III. Santa Clarita, California, 2001.
- Memoirs of the Ancient Earls of Warren and Surrey, and Their Descendants to the Present Time by the Rev. John Watson. Warrington, Lancashire, 1782.
- 12627 Genealogy of Shropshire [by Joseph Morris] (filmed 1966), Morris, Joseph, (10 volumes. Manuscript filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1966), vol. 1-2 FHL microfilm 504,551; vol.3-4 FHL microf., vol. 1 p. 375; vol. 2 p. 670; vol. 3 p. 1115*, 1127*, 1551.
- 1843 The Visitation of Shropshire, Taken in the Year 1623 (1889), Treswell, Robert (main author), (Publications of the Harleian Society: Visitations, volumes 28, 29. London: [Harleian Society], 1889), FHL book 942 B4h volumes 28-29; FHL microfilm 162,., vol. 29 p. 348*.