Ira W Packer was born 6 April 1885 in Brigham City, Box Elder County, Utah to Joseph Alma Packer (1859-1941) and Sarah Adeline Wight (1861-1934) and died 11 December 1958 Brigham City, Box Elder County, Utah of unspecified causes. He married Emma Jensen (1888-1965) 16 February 1907 in Malad City, Oneida County, Idaho.
Devoted husband to Emma Jensen Packer. They were wed on Feburary 16 and sealed on May 17, 1907.
The couple made their first home in Corinne, where Ira served as the first superintendent of the YMMIA when the Corinne ward was organized. He also served on the early Corinne City Council. The family moved to Brigham City in 1919. There he founded Packer Garage which later became Packer Motor Co. He was an active member of both NADA, Box Elder Chamber of Commerce, and Sons of Utah Pioneers.
In 1957 they participated in a trek from Nauvoo to Salt Lake, the same year that they celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary.
Family of Ira & Emma Packer
They had 11 children of their own and and very early in their marriage they adopted an orphan sibling, Vida Packer.
- Boyd Kenneth Packer (1924-) - General Authority of the LDS Church.
|Offspring of Ira W Packer and Emma Jensen (1888-1965)|
|Verna Emma Packer (1908-1969)|
|Opal Delores Packer (1909-1986)|
|Ronald Ira Packer (1911-1974)|
|Nona Ruth Packer (1913-1974)|
|Adele La Renis Packer (1815-1923)|
|Leon Claron Packer (1917-1985)|
|Lowell Wight Packer (1919-1999)|
|Donna Zola Packer (1921-2013)|
|Doyle Lamont Packer (1923-2000)|
|Boyd Kenneth Packer (1924-)||10 September 1924 Brigham City, Box Elder County, Utah||3 July 2015 Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, Utah||Donna Edith Smith (1927-)|
|William Lamoine Packer (1927-2001)|
|#g1: Offspring of Joseph Alma Packer (1859-1941) and Sarah Adeline Wight (1861-1934)|
|Joseph Alma Packer (1881-1964)||,||,|
|Lyman Jonathan Packer (1883-1927)||,||,|
|Ira Wight Packer (1885-1958)||6 April 1885, Brigham City, Box Elder County, Utah||11 December 1958, Brigham City, Box Elder County, Utah||Emma Jensen (1888-1965)|
1910 US Census
Taken for Brigham City 3rd Ward, Box Elder, Utah
- Ira W Packer - m/23 - b:UT - head
- Emma Packer - f/21 - b:UT - wife
- Verna Packer - f/2 - b:UT - daughter
- Opal Packer - f/0 - b:UT - daughter
- Vida Packer - f/7 - b:ID - adopted daughter
- T.H. Tanouye - m/23 - b:Japan - hired man
1940 US Census
Taken for Brigham City 4th Ward (S. Main St), Box Elder Precinct, Utah - 03-Apr-1940 - household #52
- Ira W Packer - m/53 - b:UT - head - ocp: Auto Mechanic @ Packer Garage
- Emma J Packer - f/51 - b:ID - wife
- Verna Packer - f/31 - b:UT - daughter - ocp: Sales Lady - J.C. Penney
- Opal Packer - f/30 - b:UT - daughter - ocp: Bookkeeper - Peterson Station
- Leon Packer - m/25 - b:UT - son - ocp: Mortician - Felta Funeral Home
- Lowell Packer - m/21 - b:UT - son - ocp: Assistant Mechanic - Packer Garage
- Donna Packer - f/18 - b:UT - daughter
- Doyle Packer - m/16 - b:UT - son
- Boyde Packer - m/15 - b:UT - son
- Billie Packer - m/12 - b:UT - son
- Joseph A Packer - m/81 - b:UT - father
- Gravesite of Ira Packer - FindAGrave Memorial #14024343