Captain Israel Jennison (1713-1782)
Operator of general store in Worcester MA
- Son of Peter Jennison (1681-1723) and Jane ____
- 1713 : Birth at Sudbury, Massachusetts
- 1738-Feb-17 : Marriage (1) to Mary Heywood
- 1739-1779 : General Store Operations - Worcester MA
- 1775-Dec-09 : Marriage (2) to Margaret Coolidge
- 1782-Sep-19 : Died at Worcester MA
Israel Jennison settled in Worcester, and in 1739 owned the estate on Licoln Street, just west of the city farm. For forty years he had a general store at the corner of Lincoln and Boylston streets. He was one of the leading citizens of the town. He was register of probate of the county, 1776-1793.
Marriage first, Mary Hewood on Feb 17, 1738, daughter of Deacon Daniel Heywood. She died June 19, 1775.
Marriage second, Margaret Coolidge of lancaster, widow of Rev Joseph Wheeler on Dec 9, 1775. No children.
Children of Israel and Mary Jennison
All children born in Worcester MA
- Mary Jennison - b 25-Aug-1739
- Sarah Jennison - b 13-Apr-1742
- Abigail Jennison - b 30 July-1744 / d 29-June-1798 / unmarried
- Samuel Jennison - b 24-Dec-1745 - m. Elizabeth Curtis
- John Jennison - b 03-July-1747 - died 15-Jan-1755
- Faith Jennison - b 30-Aug-1751
- Relief Jennison - b 07-Nov-1754 - m. Abel Stowell
- William Jennison (1758-1819) - soldier in the revolution
- Betsy Jennison - b. 22-Jan-1764
- New England Families - genealogical memoirs - Vol 2, pg 885, Publ 1908 by William Cutter. Google Books.