Jacob Ayres Maupin was born 2 June 1881 in Rock Port, Atchison County, Missouri, United States to Granville Maupin (1843-1928) and Mary Ann Emeline Woolsey (c1846-bef1886) and died 1960 Lincoln, Nebraska, United States of unspecified causes. He married Gertrude E Thorp (c1888) 1 December 1980 in Rock Port, Atchison County, Missouri, United States.
|Offspring of Jacob Ayres Maupin and Gertrude E Thorp (c1888)|
|Wayne Edward Maupin (1913-1981)|
|Mabel Maurine Maupin (c1918)|
|Lois Marcella Maupin (c1923)|
- 1900 Census - Jackson Township, Daviess County, Missouri - Jun3 14, 1900 - #107/108
- Granville Maupin, 46 MO, 6-1843, farmer
- Ada Maupin, 37 MO, 2-1863
- Jacob H Maupin, 19 MO, 6-1880
- Zeta L Maupin, 13 MO, 3-1887
- Davis I Maupin, 12 MO, 4-1888
- Taylor Maupin, 10 MO, 7-1889
- Elva G Maupin, 9 MO, 12-1890
- Thomas H Maupin, 6 MO, 10-1893
- Jessie D Maupin, 4 MO, 10-1896
- Ada A Maupin, 1/12 MO, 4-1900
- 1915 Census - Madison Township, Fremont County, Iowa
- Granville Maupin, 71 MO, farmer
- Ada Maupin, 52 MO
- David I Maupin, 26 MO, farmer
- Thomas H Maupin, 21 MO. farmer
- Jessie D Maupin, 19 MO
- Ada T Maupin, 15 MO
- F Russell Maupin, 11 MO
- Jacob A Maupin, 32 MO, farmer
- Gertrude E Maupin, 27 MO
- Wayne E Maupin, 2 IA
- 1920 Census - Madison Township, Fremont County, Iowa - #4/4
- Jacob A Maupin, 38 MO, farmer
- Gertrude E Maupin, 32 MO
- Wayne E Maupin, 7 IA
- Mabel M Maupin, 1/12 IA
- Mary J Thorp, 61 MO, mother-in-law
- Charley G Wormack, 49 MO, farm laborer
- 1925 Census - Madison Township, Fremont County, Iowa
- Jacob A Maupin, 44 MO - son of Granville Maupin & Emma Woolsey
- Gertrude E Maupin, 37 MO - dau of John P Thorp & Mary J Thompson
- Wayne E Maupin, 12 IA
- Maurine M Maupin, 7 MO
- Louis M Maupin, 2 IA
- Mary J Thorp, 67 OH
- 1930 Census - Madison Township, Fremont County, Iowa -#133/133
- Jacob A Maupin, 49 MO, farmer
- Gertrude Maupin, 43 MO
- Wayne Maupin, 17 IA
- Maurine Maupin, 12 MO
- Lois Maupin, 7 IA
- Mary Thorp, 71 OH
- Elmer Stockstill, 17 MO, farm laborer
- Hamburg Reporter - 12/15/1960
- Jacob Ayres Maupin
Jacob Maupin, son of Granville and Emma Woolsey Maupin was born near Rock Port, Mo., June 2 1881 and died at the Lincoln General Hospital, after one month confinement at the age of 70 years, 5 months and 28 days.
He was united in marriage with Gertrude E Thorp on Dec. 30, 1908, at Rock Port. To this union were born Wayne Edward of Santa Monica, Calif. Mabel Maurine Lunsford and Lois Marcella Valencia, both of Lincoln.
He is survived by his wife and three children, seven grandchildren and one great grandchild. Brothers Emmert of Phoenix, Ariz, Dave of Iowa. Tom of Lincoln, sister Aida Cooper of Adams, Nebr., and numerous nieces and nephews, cousins and friends.
He had been retired a little over ten years. He was a member of the Methodist Church.
Funeral Services were held at Bertram Funeral Home, Rock Port, Dec 2, conducted by Dr. R.W. George of Tarkio. Internment was in Elmwood Cemetery.
Pall bearers were Harold Smith, Rock Port, Hugh Finnell, Hollis Wingate, Robert Gubser, Floyd Hartman, Shenandoah and Jack Vancil, St. Joseph Mo.