- English Immigrant to America
- Successful Shipping Merchant
John Cabot was born 25 January 1669 in Saint Helier, Jersey, Bailiwick of Jersey, Channel Islands to Francois Cabot (1630-1690) and Susanne Gruchy (1641-1724) and died 1742 Salem, Essex County, Massachusetts, United States of unspecified causes. He married Anna Orne (1678-) 29 October 1702 in Salem, Essex County, Massachusetts, United States.
John Cabot (b. 1680 Jersey) and his son, Joseph Cabot (1720-1767), became highly successful merchants, operating a fleet of privateers carrying opium, rum, and slaves. Shipping during the eighteenth century was the lifeblood of most of Boston’s first families.
- Cabot Family - History and Genealogy of the Cabot Family, 1475-1927 by L. Vernon Briggs (Boston, 1927). 8vo, xxxiv + 887 pages in two volumes (including 73 pages in two indexes) with 143 interleaved images. Digital Edition on CD-ROM © June 2002.
- John Cabot (1669-1742)/list of notable descendants
- John Cabot - disambiguation
- Cabot Family of Boston - Boston Brahmin
- Cabot in Essex County, Massachusetts -