We're Getting Mutants in the MCU - The Loop
Do you like this video?
|John B Messerly|
|Birth:||21 Oct 1868|
|Baptism:||Putnam, OH |
|Father:||James Messerly (1830)|
|Mother:||Ann Moore (1847)|
|Spouse/Partner:||Carolina Messerly (1864) |
John B. Messerly
|Portal | Category|
- Ohio 1910 Census Miracode Index indicates Zanesville household with Theobald 11, John 9, Clarence 3 and walter 6 caroline 13, catherine 15 caroline 45.
- 1900 census: is Night Watchman
- caroline born August 1864
- 1910 federal census lists his occupation as Tileman
- wife carolina father from Germany, mother from Germany (mother ohio in 1900 census)
- 1920 census says John Not present, (assumed passed away). They rent, (do not own) home.
- Carolina parents native language of parents both german.
- Unless indicated otherwise, data is familysearch.org and may be verified there by running searches on the given names and dates.
- 1930 census- Caroline's middle initial is E.
- Wife went by "Carrie", according to Theo's WWI draft registration.
|Name||Birthdate||Birthplace||Death date||Death place|
|Children of John Messerly (1868) and Carolina Messerly (1864)|
|Katharine Messerly (1894)||Sept. 1894||Zanesville, Ohio|
|Caroline Messerly (1896)||Sept. 1896||Zanesville, Ohio|
|Theodore Messerly (1898)Theodore J.||Oct. 1898||Zanesville, Ohio||no male issue|
|John Messerly (c1901) John D.||c1901||Zanesville, Ohio||28 Oct 1958||Zanesville||No records past 1930|
|Walter Messerly (1903) Walter C.||1903||Zanesville, Ohio||26 Dec 1964||Zanesville||never married|
|Clarence Messerly (1906) Clarence F.||1906||Zanesville, Ohio||20 Jun 1967||Ross County||never married|
- (Please see Children page for footnoted information)
Points regarding Children
- 1920 Census John, Walter, ,Theodore (21), Clarence Fay E. (age 20) present. Father James prob. dead.
- Fay E. Messerly is listed as Daughter in law. (probably married to Theo, since they are both gone, and not the other boys in 1930.)
- 1930 Census John D., Walter C, and Clarence F. all with mother, listed as laborers.
- Clarence death record has him in a VA hospital. Was a WWII veteran, enlisted in 1940 for the Phillipines.
- Clarence enlistment records show his term of service is 7 years. He enlisted in 1940 for Philippines service at (age 34). If he really did go there, chances are he was in the Philippines when the Japanese overran it. His serial # 15013289 . Grammar school only, single.