- Sex : Male
- Born: c1803 at Hessen-Darmstadt, Germany
- Died: October 28, 1858 at Dubois County, Indiana at age 55
- Interment: after October 28, 1858 at St. Joseph's Catholic Church cemetery in Jasper, Dubois County, Indiana
- Valentine Renner (1832-1919)
- Mary Renner (1834-1916)
- John Renner (1838-1902)
- Catherine Renner (1839-1864)
- Joseph Renner (1841-1873)
- Felix Renner (1846-1926)
Early Life and Education
Little is known about John's life in Germany. He emigrated from Germany on June 20, 1831 and arrived in the Baltimore, Baltimore County, Maryland, United States on September 11, 1831. Note: Not until 1851 was Baltimore separated as an independent city and no longer was a part of Baltimore County, Maryland.
John initially settled in Gettysburg, Adams County, Pennsylvania. It is presumed that this is where he met his wife, Catherine, and this is where their first son, Valentine, was born. They moved to Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio around 1833 or 1834 where their second child, Mary, was born. They finally settled in Dubois County, Indiana sometime between 1834 and 1837.
John was a farmer by trade and settled in Dubois County on what later became the Henry Lechner farm.