John Scrope was born 1496 in Spennithorne, Yorkshire, England to Henry Scrope, 6th Baron Scrope of Bolton (c1468-1506) and Elizabeth Percy (1460-1512) and died November 1547 Hambleden, Buckinghamshire, England of unspecified causes. He married Jane Radcliffe (c1492) 2 April 1510 JL in England. He married Phyllis Rokeby (1489-1576) 1517 JL in Yorkshire, England. Alfred the Great (849-899)/s, Charlemagne (747-814)/s, Henry II of England (1133-1189)/s, Hugh Capet (c940-996)/s, William I of England (1027-1087)/s, Rollo of Normandy (860-932)/s.
Englishman of Hambleden Estate, Buckinghamshire, England
- Son of Henry Scrope, 6th Baron Scrope of Bolton (1468-1506) and Elizabeth Percy (1460-1512)
- 1496 : Born at Spennithorne, York, England
- 1510-Apr-02 : Married (1) to Jane Radcliffe
- 1517 : Married (2) to Phyllis Rokeby (1489-1576) in Spennithorne, North Riding, Yorkshire, England.
- 1547-Nov : Died - Buried: Hambleden, Buckingham, England
John made his will on 28 August 1544 and, after his death earlier in 1547, it was proved on 27 November 1547.
Father: Henry SCROPE (6° B. Scrope of Bolton) Mother: Elizabeth PERCY (B. Scrope of Bolton)
Married 1: Jane RADCLIFFE 2 Apr 1510
Married 2: Phillis ROKEBY (b. ABT 1489 - d. 10 May 1576) (dau. of Ralph Rokeby of Mortham and Margery Danby) 10 May 1510?
Born 1496 in Spennithorne, North Riding, Yorkshire, England. He died in 1547 at Hambleden, Buckinghamshire, and was buried there.
Marriage & Family
Marriage #1: J Radcliffe
Marriage #2: P Rokeby
Most children born at Hambleden, Buckinghamshire, England
- Henry SCROPE -ABT 1510, Spennithorne, York, England / Died: 10 May 1590, Danby-Upon-Yore, Yorkshire, England / Married: Margaret CONYERS 14 Aug 1548
- Ralph SCROPE (15291572) - Member of House of Commons - representative of Knaresborough - 28 Nov 1572) b. Hambleden / d. 28 Nov 1752 / m. Elizabeth WINDSOR 1562, Stanwell, Middlesex, England
- Margaret SCROPE - m. C Woodville
- John SCROPE (1520-1599)
- Robert SCROPE (1522-1599)
- Adrian Scrope (1524-1577) - m. Ursula Ludlow - daughter of Edith Windsor?
- Anne SCROPE (c1526)
- Mary SCROPE (c1534) - m. Thomas More
|Offspring of John Scrope and Phyllis Rokeby (1489-1576)|
|Henry Scrope (1510-1590)|
|Ralph Scrope (1518-1572)|
|Adrian Scrope (1524-1577)||1524 Hambleden, Buckinghamshire, England||1577 Hambleden, Buckinghamshire, England||Ursula Ludlow (1547-1613)|
|Anne Scrope (c1526-)|
|Mary Scrope (c1534-)|
|Offspring of Henry Scrope, 6th Baron Scrope of Bolton (c1468-1506) and Elizabeth Percy (1460-1512)|
|Henry Scrope, 7th Baron Scrope of Bolton (c1480-c1533)||1480||1533||Alice Scrope, 7th Baroness Scrope of Masham (1481-1501) |
Mable Dacre (c1490-c1533)
|John Scrope (c1496-1576)||1496 Spennithorne, Yorkshire, England||November 1547 Hambleden, Buckinghamshire, England||Jane Radcliffe (c1492) |
Phyllis Rokeby (1489-1576)
|Agnes Scrope (c1498-)|
|John Scrope (c1499-)|
|Elizabeth Scrope (c1500-)|
|Joan Scrope (c1502-)|
|Eleanor Scrope (c1504-)|
|Catherine Scrope (c1506-)|
|Anne Scrope (c1508-)|
- Welcome Chapman Family Ancestry
- Scrope-Throope Family Ancestry
- Scrope Family Genealogy - Tudor Place
- Scrope Family Genealogy - Free Pages
- Ralph Scrope - House of Commons