Dr. John Warren was born 14 July 1753 in Roxbury, Suffolk County, Massachusetts, United States to Joseph Warren (1695-1755) and Mary Stevens (1713-1803) and died 4 April 1818 Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts, United States of unspecified causes. He married Abigail Collins (1760-1832) 1777 in Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts.
- One of three doctors that founded Harvard Medical School.
- John Warren (July 27, 1753 – April 4, 1815) was a Continental Army surgeon during the American Revolutionary War, founder of the Harvard Medical School and the younger brother of Joseph Warren.
- Warren joined Colonel Pickering's Regiment in 1773 as an army surgeon. On June 17, 1775, he was in Cambridge tending to the wounded coming in from the Battle of Bunker Hill on Breed's Hill over four miles away. Worried about his brother, who had joined the fighting and died, Warren went to search for him after the battle was over.
After his brother's death, Warren volunteered for service and was made a senior surgeon at the hospital in Cambridge. He became surgeon of the general hospital on Long Island in 1776 during General Washington's defense there. He also served at the Battle of Trenton and the Battle of Princeton.
- Warren returned to Boston in 1777 to continue his medical practices while still serving as a military surgeon in the army hospital there.
- Warren was married to the daughter of Rhode Island Governor John Collins. His son, Dr John Collins Warren succeeded him as professor of surgery and anatomy.
- He was a character in Esther Forbes' 1943 novel Johnny Tremain.
|John Collins Warren (1778-1856)||1 August 1778 Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts, United States||4 May 1856 Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts, United States||Susan Powell Mason (c1780-1840) |
Anna Winthrop (c1803-1850)
|Joseph Warren (1780-1824)|
|Mary Warren (1780-)|
|Edward Warren (1781-1876)|
|Rebecca Warren (1788-1855)|
|William Warren (1794-)|
|Joseph Warren (1741-1775)||11 June 1741 Roxbury, Suffolk County, Massachusetts, United States||17 June 1775 Charlestown, Suffolk County, Massachusetts, United States||Elizabeth Hooton (1747-1773)|
|Samuel Warren (1743-1805)|
|Ebenezer Warren (1748-1824)|
|John Warren (1753-1815)||14 July 1753 Roxbury, Suffolk County, Massachusetts, United States||4 April 1818 Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts, United States||Abigail Collins (1760-1832)|
|Rosanna Allen Warren (1753-1850)|
- wikipedia:en:John Warren (surgeon) - Wikipedia
- John Warren - Disambiguation
- Warren in Suffolk County, Massachusetts
- Dr John Warren - GENI.com