Joseph Bolles was born 19 February 1608 in Worksop, Nottinghamshire, England, United Kingdom to Thomas Bowles (1576-1635) and Elizabeth Perkins (1580-1610) and died June 1679 Wells, York County, Maine, United States of unspecified causes. He married Mary Howell (1624-1691) 16 June 1642 . Charlemagne (747-814)/s, Henry II of England (1133-1189)/s, Hugh Capet (c940-996)/s, William I of England (1027-1087)/s.
Joseph Bolles immigrated from England to America in the 1600s.
|Offspring of Joseph Bolles and Mary Howell (1624-1691)|
|Samuel Bolles (1646-1713)|
|Elizabeth Bolles (1652-1734)||15 June 1652 Rye, Rockingham County, New Hampshire, United States||12 November 1734 Rye, Rockingham County, New Hampshire, United States||John Berry Locke (1654-1693)|
Royal Lineage of Bolles / Goodrich / Dymock / Welles / Mowbray
Through fifteen Kings, we can trace our family line directly back to CERDIC, KING OF THE WEST SAXONS, circa 519 AD. Our male line traces from our immigrant ancestor, JOSEPH BOLLES, 1608-1678, of Worksop, Nottingham and Wells, Maine. Joseph arrived in Wells circa 1640. He is descended from LORD ALAINE BOLLE, circa 1216 AD, of Swineshead, Lincolnshire. Through Joseph’s grandmother, ANNE GOODRICK, our line can easily be traced back to Cerdic and beyond.
The story of our family connects us with over fifteen hundred years of British and American history, with many momentous historical events. For example, at the signing of the famous MAGNA CHARTA at Runnemede on June 15, 1215, eight of the thirteen Barons can be traced to our Bolles ancestry. Bolles descendants range from everyday people, to the famous, and the infamous like Black Bart. The family is, to say the least, a very interesting and colorful one.
- Joseph Bolles (1608-1679) - md Mary Howell - immigrants to American, settled in Wells, Maine
- Thomas Bowles (1576-1635) (or William Bowles)- md Elizabeth Perkins
- Anne Goodrich (1550-1587) - md Benjamine Bowles
- Lionel Goodrich (1520-1561) - md Winnifred Sapcott
- Anne Dymoke (1490-1540) - md John Goodrich
- Lionel Dymoke (1463-1500) - Sheriff of Lincolnshire - md Johanna Griffith
- Margaret de Welles (1428-1504) - md Thomas Dymoke
- Lionel de Welles (1406-1461) - 6th Baron de Welles, he died at Battle of Towton during English War of the Roses - md Joan Waterton-
- Ivo de Welles (1387-1425) -5th Baron de Welles, md Maud Greystock
- Eleanor De Mowbray (1355-1399) - md John de Welles, 4th Baron de Welles
- John De Mowbray (1340-1368) - md Elizabeth de Segrave - he died fighting Turks near Constantinople
- Joan Plantagenet (c1310-c1349) - md John De Mowbray (1310-1361)
- Henry Plantagenet, 3rd Earl of Lancaster (1281-1345) -
- Bolles Family Organization - Family History of Joseph Bolles