|Juab County, Utah|
Location in the state of Utah
Utah's location in the U.S.
|Named for||Native American word for valley|
3,406 sq mi (8,821 km²)
3,392 sq mi (8,785 km²)
14 sq mi (36 km²), 0.4%
3.02/sq mi (1.16/km²)
|Time zone||Mountain: UTC-7/-6|
Juab County // is a county located in the U.S. state of Utah. As of the 2010 census, the population was 10,246. Its county seat and largest city is Nephi. The county was named from a Native American word meaning thirsty valley, or possibly only valley.
- Tooele County, Utah (north)
- Utah County, Utah (north)
- Millard County, Utah (south)
- Sanpete County, Utah (east)
- White Pine County, Nevada (west)
National protected areas
- Fish Springs National Wildlife Refuge
- Fishlake National Forest (part)
- Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest (part)
State protected areas
- Yuba Lake State Park
As of the census of 2000, there were 8,238 people, 2,456 households, and 1,981 families residing in the county. The population density was 2 people per square mile (1/km²). There were 2,810 housing units at an average density of 1 per square mile (0/km²). The racial makeup of the county was 96.56% White, 0.15% Black or African American, 1.02% Native American, 0.34% Asian, 0.05% Pacific Islander, 0.86% from other races, and 1.02% from two or more races. 2.63% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
In 2000 there were 2,456 households out of which 49.30% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 69.10% were married couples living together, 7.90% had a female householder with no husband present, and 19.30% were non-families. 17.50% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.10% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.31 and the average family size was 3.79.
In the county, the population was spread out with 38.60% under the age of 18, 9.40% from 18 to 24, 25.20% from 25 to 44, 16.90% from 45 to 64, and 9.80% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 26 years. For every 100 females there were 100.30 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 96.50 males.
The median income for a household in the county was $38,139, and the median income for a family was $42,655. Males had a median income of $33,621 versus $21,394 for females. The per capita income for the county was $12,790. About 7.90% of families and 10.40% of the population were below the poverty line, including 10.70% of those under age 18 and 14.50% of those age 65 or over.
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Juab County, Utah
- ^ a b "State & County QuickFacts". United States Census Bureau. http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/49/49023.html. Retrieved December 29, 2013.
- ^ "Find a County". National Association of Counties. http://www.naco.org/Counties/Pages/FindACounty.aspx. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- ^ "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. http://www.census.gov/geo/www/gazetteer/gazette.html. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- ^ "U.S. Decennial Census". United States Census Bureau. http://www.census.gov/prod/www/decennial.html. Retrieved December 29, 2013.
- ^ "Historical Census Browser". University of Virginia Library. http://mapserver.lib.virginia.edu. Retrieved December 29, 2013.
- ^ "Population of Counties by Decennial Census: 1900 to 1990". United States Census Bureau. http://www.census.gov/population/cencounts/ut190090.txt. Retrieved December 29, 2013.
- ^ "Census 2000 PHC-T-4. Ranking Tables for Counties: 1990 and 2000". United States Census Bureau. http://www.census.gov/population/www/cen2000/briefs/phc-t4/tables/tab02.pdf. Retrieved December 29, 2013.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder2.census.gov. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
|Tooele County||Utah County|
|White Pine County||Sanpete County|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Juab County, Utah. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|