Lawrence Warren, Baron of Stopford was born 1435 in Poynton, Cheshire, England to John de Warenne (1414-1475) and Isabel de Stanley (1435-1460) and died 1474 Poynton, Cheshire, England of unspecified causes. He married Isabel Leigh (1440-1475) 1459 JL in Prestbury, Cheshire, England. William I of England (1027-1087), Hugh Capet (c940-996), Alfred the Great (849-899)/s, Charlemagne (747-814)/s, Hugh Capet (c940-996)/s, Rollo of Normandy (860-932)/s.
Sir Laurence Warren, knight, known to be living in 1459 but died before his father (1474). Married to Isabel, daughter of Sir Robert Legh of Adlington, knight, married before 1459. She later married Sir George Holford of Holford, knight, in 1475. This couple had two sons, John and William.
- Son of John Warren and Isabel Dalton
- Husband of Isabel Holford / Warren
- Father of William Warren, of Ripple Court; John de Warren, Baron of Stopfords; Isabella Warren and N.N. Vesey
- Brother of Jane Atherton; Elizabeth de Warren; Joan de Warren; Margaret Hawarden; Henry de Warren, Rector of Stockport; and Richard de Warren « less
- Half brother of Lady Elizabeth Metcalfe
- Occupation: Knight, Lord of the Manors of Stockport, poynton, Wode, Plumpton (formerly Rotteley), Boton and Skegeton
... The line continued on through Nicholas, whose wife was Agnes de Winnington; Sir Lawrence, who, about 1394, married Margaret Bulkeley; John, born 1414, whose wife was Isabel, daughter of Sir John Stanley of Latham, Knight of the Garter, to Sir Lawrence, who, by Isabel Leigh of Adlington, had William, ancestor of Sir John Borlase Warren, of recent naval celebrity, and to Sir John, who, about 1480, marrying Eleanor Girard, had five sons. ....
|John Warren (1459-1518)||1459 Poynton, Cheshire, England||9 January 1518 Poynton, Cheshire, England||Eleanor Gerard (1467-1542) |
Jane Arderne (c1475-)
|William Warren (1460-1506)|
|George Warren (1462-)|
|Richard Warren (1465-)|
|Anthony Warren (1467-1557)|
|Laurence Warren (1469-)|
|Margaret Warren (1495-1546)|
|Thomas Warren (1496-1558)|
|Elizabeth Warren (1433-)|
|Lawrence Warren (1435-1474)||1435 Poynton, Cheshire, England||1474 Poynton, Cheshire, England||Isabel Leigh (1440-1475)|
|Jane Warren (1436-1508)|
|Margaret Warren (1436-)|
|Henry Warren (1438-1492)|
|Richard Warren (1439-1474)|
|John Warren (1440-1518)|
|Joan Warren (1444-)|
- Lawrence Warren
- Warren in Cheshire
- Warenne Family Ancestry
- Royal Titled Ancestors #27389
- Family History of the Warrens of Poynton Lodge -Earwaker's East Cheshire.
- Lawrence de Warren Barron of Stopford - GENI
- From Warren Family Researcher Pamela Johnson. Source: East Cheshire Past and Present by J.P. Earwaker, London, 1877 (CRO, Knutsford). This is widely regarded as the best work on East Cheshire of the 19th century. It is useful for family trees of landed families.