Mary Otis Gorham was born 14 March 1654 in HIngham, Plymouth County, Massachusetts to John Otis (1622-1684) and Mary Jacob (1632-aft1699) and died 1 April 1732 Barnstable, Barnstable County, Massachusetts of unspecified causes. She married John Gorham (1651-1715) 24 February 1674 in Barnstable, Barnstable County, Massachusetts.
|Mary Otis (1654-1732)||14 March 1654 HIngham, Plymouth County, Massachusetts||1 April 1732 Barnstable, Barnstable County, Massachusetts||John Gorham (1651-1715)|
|James Otis (1655-1690)|
|John Otis (1657-1727)||21 November 1657 Hingham, Plymouth County, Massachusetts, United States||23 September 1727 West Barnstable, Barnstable County, Massachusetts, United States||Mercy Bacon (1659-1737)|
|Hannah Otis (1659-1659)|
|Stephen Otis (1661-1733)|
|Joseph Otis (1665-1754)|
|Elizabeth Otis (1669-1748)|
|Job Otis (1677-1758)|
Cobb's Hill Gravestone
Mary Otis Gorham is buried with her husband at Cobb's Hill Cemeter - Barnstable MA.
Inscription: HERE LYES THE BODY OF THE HONOURED JOHN GORHAM, ESQ. COLL. OF THE REGIMENT AND ONE OF HIS MAJESTIES JUSTICES OF THE PIEASE IN THE COUNTY OF BARNSTABLE, WHO DEPARTED THIS LIFE, NOV. THE 11TH 1715, IN THE 65TH YEAR OF HIS AGE.
Here Lyes a Valient Soldier and A Saint A Judge, A Justice, Whom no Vice could taint A Perfect Lover of His Countrys cause, Their Lives, Religion, Properties and Laws, Who in His Young, yea, very Youthful Years, Took up His Sword, with Philip and His Peers, And when that Prince and His black Regiment Were all Subdued, He could not be content to take ... West . But in a ... the rest
Here lyes likewise Interred Beneath this Stone MARY, Consort of the late Colo JOHN GORHAM, who died April 1st 1732. The Sweet Remembrance of the Just Shall flourish when they Sleep in Dust.
The original inscription is beneath. Erected by his descendants; - P. C. BROOKS SHEPHERD BROOKS, & FRANCIS BROOKS 1888
- John Howland: Vol 1 - Descendants of Desire Howland Gorham - The First Five Generations; Documented descendants through his first child Desire2 Howland and her husband Captain John Gorham. By Elizabeth Pearson White, CG, FASG, FNGS. 736 pp. Maps, illus, printed endsheets, 12,455 entry Every Name Index. 1990. This prize-winning opus by Elizabeth White documents the multitude of descendants of Mayflower passenger John Howland through his first child, Desire (Howland) Gorham.
- Otis in Massachusetts - first families
- Mary Otis - disambiguation
- Lt Col John Gorham - GENI
- Col John Gorham at Find A Grave #9423090