Matilda (Maud) le Strange de Warren was born circa 1320 in Black Mere, Shropshire, England to John le Strange (1306-1349) and Ankaret le Boteler (c1306-1361) and died circa 1350 Shropshire, England of unspecified causes. She married Griffin de Warren (1320-1356) 1340 JL in Shropshire, England. She married Peter de Cornwall (c1320-) 1358 JL in Shropshire, England.
Matilda le Strange of Blackmere - Daughter of John le Strange, Sr., 2nd Baron Strange of Blackmere and Ankaret le Boteler
- Great-Granddaughter of John le Strange (c1226-1275)
"Griffin de Warren of Ightfield, d. 1356, m. Maud/Matilda, d. of Fulke, Lord Strange of Blackmere, afterwards married Sir Piers (or Peter) de Cornwall, lord of Kinlet, Shropshire. "
|Offspring of Griffin Warren and Matilda le Strange (c1320-1350)|
|Griffin de Warren (c1345-1405)||1345 Ightfield, Shropshire, England||1405 Ightfield, Shropshire, England||Margaret Corbett (c1360-1404)|
- Matilda Strange
- Strange in Shropshire
- Warenne Family Ancestry
- Matilda le Strange Warren - GENI
- Maud Le Strange of Blackmere - NielsenHayden Genealogy
- Medieval English Ancestors of Robert Abell has the daughter of Fulke le Strange and Eleanor Giffard marrying "Bryan de Cornwall of Kynlet," with no mention of Griffin Warren. Elsewhere (p. 267), he has Gruffith Warren marrying "Matilda le Strange, daughter of a Lord Strange of Blackmere."
- Wales. Welsh Medieval Database Primarily of Nobility and Gentry.
- 12627 Genealogy of Shropshire [by Joseph Morris] (filmed 1966), Morris, Joseph, (10 volumes. Manuscript filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1966), vol. 1-2 FHL microfilm 504,551; vol.3-4 FHL microf., vol. 3 p. 1115.