Between the 1850 and 1860 census there is a discrepancy on the Morning birth year. 1870 and 1880 census puts this closer to 1795.
1850 US Federal Census
Census for 3rd District of Franklin County, Georgia - Household #1542 - Aaron Sanders (1769-1854) is the oldest son of Rev. Moses Sanders, and this declaration places his parents in Virginia about two years before they show on North Carolina Land Grant Records. This serves as the most diffinitive documentation of the origins of Moses Sanders. The children shown are from his second wife, Morning.
- Aaron Sanders M/81 - Ocp: Farmer - Birthplace: Virginia (1769)
- Mourning Sanders F/55 - Birthplace: So Carolina
- Jesse Y Sanders M/21 - Birthplace: Georgia
- Lucinda Sanders F/15 - Birthplace: Georgia
- Caroline Sanders F/14 - Birthplace: Georgia
- Matthew Sanders M/14 - Birthplace: Georgia
1860 US Federal Census
Taken several year after Aaron's death listing his widow and children. 6th Malatia District, Banks Co. GA.
- Mourning Sanders F/61 -
- Jesse F Sanders M/26 -
- Martha C Sanders F/21 - (Jesse's wife?)
Grove Level Baptist Church Minutes
- Oct 1848: "Received by experience - Louisa - servant of Britt Sanders; Basheba, servant of Aaron Sanders, Caroline Sanders & Martha Curry. Received by experience Aaron Sanders but he was too unwell to be baptized at this time."
- Aug 1851: "Received by experience Mourning Sanders."
- May 1854: "We recorded with sorrow the death of our beloved brother Aaron Sanders."
- Sep 1856: "Dismissed by letter Sister Mourning Sanders & Caroline Sanders."
|Offspring of Aaron Sanders and Morning Thompson (1795-1885)|
|Elizabeth Sanders (1818-1864)||1818 Franklin County, Georgia||1864||Elliott Rucker (1817-1887)|
|Jesse Y Sanders (1829-)|
|Lucinda Sanders (1835-)|
|Martha Caroline Sanders (1836-)|
|Matthew H Sanders (1836-)||1836 Franklin County, Georgia||8 April 1864 Banks County, Georgia||Malissa C Rucker (1841-)|