Pvt Nehemiah Bates Jr. was born 28 January 1764 in HIngham, Plymouth County, Massachusetts, United States to Nehemiah Bates (1740-1817) and Mehitable Marble (1740-1809) and died 25 February 1860 Cummington, Hampshire County, Massachusetts, United States of unspecified causes. He married Prudence Bigelow (1769-1859) 5 March 1792 in Cummington, Hampshire County, Massachusetts.
He was born 23 Jan 1764 and died 25 Feb 1860. He served as a private in Capt. Ebenezer Strong's co, Col. Sears' Regt in the American Revolutionary War, and was discharged in 1781. He received a bounty claim for his services. Prudence died 21 Feb 1859. The above information was taken from a NSDAR application, which quotes, without giving places of birth and death, a Bates genealogy, a Bates family Bible, and Cohasset (MA) vital records.
Marriage and Family
Children of Nehemiah and Prudence (Bigelow) Bates, as taken from sources above:
- 15145.21 Nathaniel, b 16 July 1792.
- 15145.22 Nehemiah, 20 Apr 1794.
- 15145.23 Amanda, b 26 Feb 1796.
- 15145.24 Nahum, b 7 Apr 1798.
- 15145.25 David, b 13 Jan 1802.
- 15145.26 Rosina Bates (1803-1891) - b 18 Dec 1803; d ca 1835; m John S. Beals.
- 15145.27 Elmira, b 24 Oct 1805; m John Crosby.
|Offspring of Pvt Nehemiah Bates Jr. and Prudence Bigelow (1769-1859)|
|Nathaniel Bates (1792-)|
|Nehemiah Bates (1794-1827)|
|Amanda Bates (1796-)|
|Nahum Bates (1798-)|
|David Brainard Bates (1802-1802)|
|Rosina Bates (1803-1891)||18 December 1803 Cummington, Hampshire County, Massachusetts, United States||15 October 1891 Polk City, Polk County, Iowa, United States||John Stearns Beals (1801-1878)|
|Elmina Bates (1805-1890)|
- Prudence Bigelow #61452 - BigelowSociety.com
- Bigelow Family Genealogy Vol I , p 215;
- Howe, Bigelow Family of America;
- membership application of NSDAR;
- NSDAR Patriot Index;
- Cummington vital records.
- Nehemiah Bates
- Bates in Hampshire County, Massachusetts