|Page County, Iowa|
The courthouse in Clarinda is on the NRHP.
Location in the state of Iowa
Iowa's location in the U.S.
|Founded||February 24, 1847|
535 sq mi (1,386 km²)
535 sq mi (1,386 km²)
0.5 sq mi (1 km²), 0.1%
30/sq mi (12/km²)
|Time zone||Central: UTC-6/-5|
Page County is a county located in the U.S. state of Iowa. As of the 2010 census, the population was 15,932. The county seat is Clarinda. The county is named in honor of Captain John Page of the 4th U.S. Infantry, who was mortally wounded in the battle of Palo Alto.
- Montgomery County (north)
- Taylor County (east)
- Nodaway County, Missouri (southeast)
- Atchison County, Missouri (southwest)
- Fremont County (west)
|U.S. Decennial Census|
The 2010 census recorded a population of 15,932 in the county, with a population density of 29.7895/sq mi (11.5018/km2). There were 7,181 housing units, of which 6,393 were occupied.
As of the census of 2000, there were 16,976 people, 6,708 households, and 4,460 families residing in the county. The population density was 32 people per square mile (12/km²). There were 7,302 housing units at an average density of 14 per square mile (5/km²). The racial makeup of the county was 96.11% White, 1.66% Black or African American, 0.49% Native American, 0.48% Asian, 0.01% Pacific Islander, 0.49% from other races, and 0.77% from two or more races. 1.56% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 6,708 households out of which 28.20% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 55.50% were married couples living together, 8.10% had a female householder with no husband present, and 33.50% were non-families. 29.90% of all households were made up of individuals and 15.40% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.32 and the average family size was 2.87.
In the county the population was spread out with 23.30% under the age of 18, 7.90% from 18 to 24, 26.30% from 25 to 44, 22.80% from 45 to 64, and 19.80% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 40 years. For every 100 females there were 102.70 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 101.80 males.
The median income for a household in the county was $35,466, and the median income for a family was $42,446. Males had a median income of $32,549 versus $21,526 for females. The per capita income for the county was $16,670. About 8.10% of families and 12.50% of the population were below the poverty line, including 17.90% of those under age 18 and 7.60% of those age 65 or over.
- College Springs
- East River
The population ranking of the following table is based on the 2010 census of Page County.
† county seat
|Rank||City/Town/etc.||Municipal type||Population (2010 Census)
|2||Shenandoah (partially in Fremont County)||City||5,150|
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Page County, Iowa
- Page County Courthouse
- USS Page County (LST-1076)
- ^ a b "State & County QuickFacts". United States Census Bureau. http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/19/19145.html. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- ^ "Find a County". National Association of Counties. http://www.naco.org/Counties/Pages/FindACounty.aspx. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- ^ "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. http://www.census.gov/geo/www/gazetteer/gazette.html. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- ^ "County Totals Dataset: Population, Population Change and Estimated Components of Population Change: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015". http://www.census.gov/popest/data/counties/totals/2015/CO-EST2015-alldata.html. Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- ^ "U.S. Decennial Census". United States Census Bureau. http://www.census.gov/prod/www/decennial.html. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- ^ "Historical Census Browser". University of Virginia Library. http://mapserver.lib.virginia.edu. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- ^ "Population of Counties by Decennial Census: 1900 to 1990". United States Census Bureau. http://www.census.gov/population/cencounts/ia190090.txt. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- ^ "Census 2000 PHC-T-4. Ranking Tables for Counties: 1990 and 2000". United States Census Bureau. http://www.census.gov/population/www/cen2000/briefs/phc-t4/tables/tab02.pdf. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- ^ "Population & Housing Occupancy Status 2010". United States Census Bureau American FactFinder. http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/tableservices/jsf/pages/productview.xhtml?pid=DEC_10_PL_GCTPL2.ST05&prodType=table. Retrieved May 22, 2011.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder2.census.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ http://www.census.gov/2010census/
|Fremont County||Taylor County|
Page County, Iowa
|Atchison County, Missouri||Nodaway County, Missouri|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Page County, Iowa. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|