The New Zealand Society of Genealogists Incorporated was founded in 1967 and has over eight thousand current members, over 70 local branches, and a dozen Special Interest Groups mostly devoted to studying other parts of the world.
Office and Family Research Centre (open 30 hours per week) are at 159 Queens Road, Panmure, Auckland.
- Cemetery records: cemeteries"at"genealogy.org.nz
- Church records:
- School records (North Island):
- School records (South Island): SchoolRecordsSI"at"genealogy.org.nz
Its magazine, The New Zealand Genealogist, has won the occasional international award.
"One-off" publications include:
- New Zealand Burial Locator (CD105, 2007) - over a million names, mostly New Zealand
- NZSG Index (CD04N) - v.4 has 86 different record types with 5.8 million records (NB, version 5 out soon)
- Regional Research Repositories In New Zealand (R01-R10)
- New Zealand Marriages 1836-1956 (CD103) - about 1.7 million names of brides and grooms; principal purpose is matching brides and grooms
- Hawera Star 1880-1982: Transcript of Births (M27) - 6 fiche, alpha-index, with separate maiden name index
- New Zealand Society of Genealogists/Branches
- New Zealand Society of Genealogists/Special Interest Groups
- New Zealand Society of Genealogists/2007 Conference
- New Zealand Society of Genealogists/2008 Conference
This page is a "stub" and could be improved by additions and other edits.]]