- Any redlinks from this property will use the form (currently disabled:) [[Has default form::county info]] but shall have alternate forms for special cases.
- Locality refers to a settlement that is independent of a larger locality. A locality might be a village, hamlet, town, city or major metropolitan area. In the case of communities, neighborhoods, wards, suburbs and other places that are part of a larger locality, these sublocalities should be encoded using the places-other property.
- Nation-subdiv1 corresponds to the first level political subdivision of a sovereign nation's government. Examples: province, oblast, region, state, canton...
- County means the 2nd subdivision immediately below that of a subdivision1. This could correspond to the terms "parish", "borough", "district", "shire", or other terms depending on usage. If multiple layers exist, the corresponding subdivision chosen should be the level that would most likely occur in genealogical documents existing between the level of a municipality or settlement and the level of the first subdivision. Usage guidelines should be worked out by contributors interested in familypedia articles related to the region.
- For more details on this topic, see Project:Classification conventions (geographic names).
Showing 1 related entity.
Showing 6 related entities.