Rebecca Delano Churchill was born 1657 in Duxbury, Plymouth County, Massachusetts to Philip Delano (1602-1683) and Mary Pontus (1622-1682) and died 7 April 1709 Plymouth, Plymouth County, Massachusetts of unspecified causes. She married John Churchill (1657-1723) 28 December 1686 in Plymouth, Plymouth County, Massachusetts.
Rebecca Delano Churchill was apparently born about 1657. Her tombstone shows she was 52 years of age at her death.
There is a lot of conflicting data out there regarding the identity of her mother, either Hester Dewsbury or Mary Pontus. Some say Hester died in 1657 and Philip Delano married Mary Pontus in 1657. If anyone can document the death of Hester Dewsbury and the marriage date of Philip to Mary Pontus with reliable sources, please contact us.
FAG contributor CAS56 (#47844602) notes that "The Great Migration Begins has the best information on this, stating that she is likely the daughter of Mary Pontus not Hester Dewsberry/Dewsbury."
- Rebecca Delano at Find A Grave #29368993
- Child of Dutch Pilgrim immigrant Philip Delano (1602-1683)
- Delano in Plymouth County, Massachusetts
- Rebecca Delano - Disambiguation page
- DelanoKindred.us - Exploring the Genealogy of Philippe Delano
- MainTour Duxbury - Tour Historic Duxbury MA.
- See also Philip Delano (1602-1683)/List of Famous Descendants