Roger Amidon was born 6 February 1702 in Oxford, Worcester County, Massachusetts, United States to Philip Amidon (1669-1747) and Joanna Warfield (1680-1711) and died 28 February 1757 Douglas, Worcester County, Massachusetts, United States of unspecified causes. He married Elizabeth Hunkins (1715-1747) 27 October 1731 in Oxford, Worcester County, Massachusetts, United States.
Roger Amidon (Philip, Roger), was born 06 Feb 1702. He was a farmer and lived in Oxford MA. He married first, 27 Oct 1731 to Elizabeth Hawkins or Hunkins, and second, 38 Feb 1757 to Rachel Rice.
Relief of Fort William Henry
In January 1757, me served in the company commanded by Capt Samuel Davis that marched for the relief of Fort William Henry.
During the French & Indian War, Fort William Henry was a British fort at the southern end of Lake George in the province of New York. It is best known as the site of notorious atrocities committed by the Huron tribes against the surrendered British and provincial troops following a successful French siege in 1757, an event portrayed in James Fenimore Cooper's novel, The Last of the Mohicans, first published in January 1826.
Roger died barely seven weeks after the unsuccessful march to the Fort.
Marriage & Family
- Rachel Amidon (1732-c1735) - died young
- Elizabeth Amidown (1734-1816) md Joseph Kingsbury in 1760.
- Roger Amidon (1736-c1740) - died young
- Jeremiah Amidown (1738-1813)
- Samuel Amidon (1741-1741) - died young
- Samuel Amidon (1742-1819) - Veteran of the American Revolutionary War
- Rachel Amidon (1744-1825) - md Benjamin Curray of Douglas in 1768.
- Roger Amidon (1747-1786) -
|Rachel Amidon (1732-c1735)|
|Elizabeth Amidown (1734-1816)|
|Roger Amidon (1736-c1740)|
|Jeremiah Amidown (1738-1813)|
|Samuel Amidon (1741-1741)|
|Samuel Amidon (1742-1819)||13 October 1742 Oxford, Worcester County, Massachusetts||18 November 1819 Readsboro, Bennington County, Vermont||Ruth Wood (1745-1831) |
Rachel Rice (c1748-)
|Rachel Amidon (1744-1825)|
|Roger Amidon (1747-1786)|
|Henry Amidon (1699-1778)|
|Roger Amidon (1702-1757)||6 February 1702 Oxford, Worcester County, Massachusetts, United States||28 February 1757 Douglas, Worcester County, Massachusetts, United States||Elizabeth Hunkins (1715-1747)|
|Ichabod Amidon (1704-1789)|
|Mary Amidon (1706-)|
|Philip Amidon (1708-1799)|
|Ephraim Amidon (1710-1786)|
|Ithamer Amidon (1712-1743)|
|John Amidon (1713-1755)|
|Hannah Amidon (1717-1803)|
- Amidon Family: A Record of the Descendants of Roger Amadowne of Rehoboth, Mass - Pg 8-9. Roger Amidon (1702-1757) is a grandson of the main character of this book.