Samuel Moore was born 1791 in Amwell Township, Washington County, Pennsylvania, United States to Michael Moore Sr. and Hanna (Ward) Moore and died 12 April 1851 Noble Township, Noble County, Ohio, United States of unspecified causes. He married Ruth Ward (1799-1870) 4 December 1814 in Belmont, Belmont County, Ohio, United States.
History and timeline
- 1791 - Born in Amwell, Pennsylvania. Parents' names are unknown.
- 1814 - Married Ruth Ward, aged 15, in Belmont, Ohio, (previously Wrightstown, Ohio). He was 23 years old.
- 1815 - Their son Dighton was born on November 25, 1815, in Noble Township, Noble County, Ohio.
- 1825 - Their daughter Salvania a.k.a. "Sally" was born in Ohio.
- 1826 - Their son Isaiah Marshal was born on September 1, 1826.
- 1830 - Listed in census of Monroe Township, Guernsey County, Ohio. Listed with one male and one female under age 5; three females between ages 10-14; one male and one female between ages 15-19; and his wife (between ages 30-39) - that's a total of seven children in the household.
- 1835 - Their son Dighton, 20, married Anna "Annie" Bates, aged 18, in Noble Township, Noble County, Ohio. She was the daughter of Timothy and Ruth (Moore) Bates.
- 1840 - Listed in census of Wayne Township, Belmont County, Ohio. Listed with one male under age 5; two females between ages 5-9; one male between ages 10-14; one female between ages 15-19; and his wife (between ages 40-49) - that's a total of five children in the household.
- 1847 - Their daughter Salvania, 22, married Andrew Jackson Moore, aged 20, in Ohio. He was the son of Henry and Rachel M. (Skinner) Moore.
- 1851 - Died in Noble Township, Noble County, Ohio, on April 12, 1851, at age 77.
|Offspring of Samuel Moore and Ruth Ward (1799-1870)|
|Dighton Moore (1815-1876)||25 November 1815 Noble Township, Noble County, Ohio, United States||3 July 1876 Guyan Township, Gallia County, Ohio, United States||Anna Bates (1817-1895)|
|Salvania (Sally) Moore (1825-1887)|
|Isaiah Marshal Moore (1826-1912)|
- Belmont, Ohio, was named Wrightstown until the Civil War.
- Samuel and his family possibly lived near Sarahsville, founded in 1829, where several of his descendants lived. Sarahsville was the county seat for Noble County until 1858.
- Alternate spelling for their son Dighton: Deighton
- Alternate birth locations for their son Dighton: Guyan Township, Gallia County, Ohio | Noble Township, Morgan County, Ohio
- Alternate spellings/names for their daughter Salvania: Sally | Sylvania
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Biographical Wiki (view authors).|