Sir Thomas de Southworth was born 1393 in Samlesbury, Lancashire, England to John de Southworth (c1350-1415) and Margaret de Houghton (1354-1424) and died 27 April 1432 Samlesbury, Lancashire, England of unspecified causes. He married Joanna de Boothe (1386-1432) 1418 JL in England.
Samlesbury Hall, principal residence of the Southworth Family for much of the 14th-17th centuries, is a manor house built in 1325 which has been many things since then including a public house and girls' boarding school, but since 1925, when it was saved from being demolished for its timber, it has been administered by a registered charitable trust, the Samlesbury Hall Trust. This Grade I listed medieval manor house attracts over 50,000 visitors each year.
Marriage and Family
- Richard de Southworth (c1420-1472) - inherited estate - md Elizabeth Molyneux (per visitation of Palatine below)
- Elizabeth de Southworth (1422-) - not found?
- John de Southworth (1424-) - (per visitation of Palatine below)
- Gilbert de Southworth (c1426-) - not found?
|Offspring of Sir Thomas de Southworth and Joanna de Boothe (1386-1432)|
|Richard de Southworth (c1420-1472)||1420 Samlesbury Hall, Samlesbury, Lancashire, England||21 December 1472 Samlesbury Hall, Samlesbury, Lancashire, England||Elizabeth Molyneux (1442-1518)|
|Elizabeth de Southworth (1422-)|
|John de Southworth (1424-)|
|Gilbert de Southworth (c1426-)|
|Offspring of John de Southworth (c1350-1415) and Margaret de Houghton (1354-1424)|
|Thomas de Southworth (1393-1432)||1393 Samlesbury, Lancashire, England||27 April 1432 Samlesbury, Lancashire, England||Joanna de Boothe (1386-1432)|
Visitation of County Palatine
The Visitation of the County Palatine of Lancaster, Made in the Year 1664-5, by Sir William ... (1873) See pg 277-278 - Southworth of Samlesbury - Family Chart
- Sir Thomas Southworth. = Jane, dau. of John Booth of Barton.; ch: Richard (m. Elizabeth Molyneux), John Southworth.
- Richard Southworth. = Elizabeth, dau. of Richard Molymeux of Sefton.; ch: Sir Christopher (m. Isabel Dutton), Juliana (m. Sir Richard Towneley), Anne (m. Sir Tho. Molyneux), Elizabeth (m. Tho. Screven, esq.), Margaret (m. Richard Vernon), Emma (m. _ Cholmle) Southworth.
- Sir Christopher Southworth, knighted on his expedition to Scotland. = Isabel, dau. and heir of John Dutton, of Dutton, co. Chester.; ch: Sir John (m. Hellen Langton), Christopher, Edward, Alice (m. Sir Alex. Osbaldeston), Margaret (m. Mr. William Hoghton) Southworth.
- Sir John Southworth, ob. circa 11 Hen. VIII. = Hellen dau. of Sir Richard Langton of Newton.; ch: (Pg.278 Sir Thomas (m. Margaret Butler), James Southworth.)
- Sir Thomas de Southworth - Title and Noble Ancestors #133982