|Westhampton, New York|
|— Hamlet and census-designated place —|
|• Total||14.9 sq mi (38.5 km2)|
|• Land||12.7 sq mi (32.8 km2)|
|• Water||2.2 sq mi (5.7 km2)|
|Elevation||36 ft (11 m)|
|• Density||210/sq mi (80/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||0970920|
Westhampton is located at (40.822894, -72.664306).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 14.9 square miles (38.5 km2), of which 12.7 square miles (32.8 km2) is land and 2.2 square miles (5.7 km2), or 14.74%, is water.
Westhampton has an oceanic climate (Cfd) under the Köppen climate classification, with moderately cold winters and warm summers. Westhampton sees an average of 43.4 inches of precipitation per year.
Demographics of the CDP
As of the census of 2000, there were 2,869 people, 1,070 households, and 766 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 326.2 per square mile (125.9/km²). There were 1,601 housing units at an average density of 182.0/sq mi (70.2/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 91.04% White, 4.43% African American, 0.28% Native American, 1.25% Asian, 0.80% from other races, and 2.20% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 5.47% of the population.
There were 1,070 households out of which 37.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 58.7% were married couples living together, 8.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 28.4% were non-families. 23.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 7.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.66 and the average family size was 3.14.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 26.6% under the age of 18, 7.1% from 18 to 24, 30.3% from 25 to 44, 25.5% from 45 to 64, and 10.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37 years. For every 100 females there are 100.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 97.1 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $67,125, and the median income for a family was $80,313. Men had a median income of $51,331 versus $36,875 for women. The per capita income for the CDP was $31,894. About 3.4% of families and 4.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 3.7% of those under age 18 and 9.0% of those age 65 or over.
- The village of Westhampton Beach, New York
- The village of West Hampton Dunes, New York
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Westhampton.|
- ^ a b "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder2.census.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. http://geonames.usgs.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ a b "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Westhampton CDP, New York". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. http://factfinder2.census.gov/bkmk/table/1.0/en/DEC/10_DP/G001/1600000US3680170. Retrieved 2013-01-10.
- ^ "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. https://www.census.gov/geo/www/gazetteer/gazette.html. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Westhampton, New York. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|