William Ring was born circa 1580 in Pettistree, Suffolk, England, United Kingdom and died circa 1620 Leiden, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands of unspecified causes. He married Mary Durrant (1589-1631) 21 May 1601 in Ufford, Suffolk, England, United Kingdom.
William Ring was a member of the Leiden Separatist community. William had been aboard the Speedwell, sister ship to the Mayflower, intending to voyage across the Atlantic in 1620. William Ring was, however,among the passengers who could not fit aboard the Mayflower when the Speedwell was deemed unseaworthy. He returned to Leiden and died there sometime between 1620 and 1629. Mary Ring arrived in Plymouth Colony in 1629 or 1630.
Mary Ring (Durrant) seems to have some education: she signed her will herself and her inventory contains books. She also seems to have been a woman of business, with money owed to her by William Bradford and Edward Winslow.
Mary Ring died in Plymouth in July 1631.
Mary and William Ring had 3 children, all of whom accompanied their mother to Plymouth and later married in the Colony :
- Elizabeth Ring (1602-1687) - md Stephen Deane and 2) Josiah Cooke
- Susanna Ring (1605-1646) who married Thomas Clarke,
- Samuel Ring (1605-) - died young
- Andrew Ring (1608-) - died young
- Andrew Ring (1617-1693) - who was a minor in 1631 but later married Deborah Hopkins, daughter of a Mayflower pilgrim.
Mary Ring wrote a will, and an inventory of her estate was taken at her death.
|Offspring of William Ring and Mary Durrant (1589-1631)|
|Elizabeth Ring (1602-1687)||1602 Ufford, Suffolk, England||3 May 1687 Eastham, Barnstable County, Massachusetts||Stephen Deane (1605-1633) Stephen Deane (1605-1633) Josiah Cooke (1610-1666)|
|Susanna Ring (1605-1646)|
|Samuel Ring (1605-)|
|Andrew Ring (1608-)|
|Andrew Ring (1617-1693)||1617 Leiden, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands||23 February 1693 Plymouth, Plymouth County, Massachusetts, United States||Deborah Hopkins (1625-1666) Deborah Hopkins (1625-1666) Lettice Kempton (1624-1690)|
- Elizabeth Ring - FindAGrave Memorial #121469237
- Mary Ring - Pilgrim Hall Museum
- William Andrew Ring (1565-1620)/List of Famous Descendants