- Sex : Male
- Born: march 11, 1767 at Gartly, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Died: December 22, 1809 at Rhynie And Essie, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, United Kingdom at age 49
- Interment: month d, 1809 at Rhynie Churchyard, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
William is the son of George Balgowan (Before 1711-After 1774) and Anna Stephen (Before 1745-After 1774).
- James Balgowan (1760-?)
- George Balgowan (1764-?)
- William Balgowan (1767-1809)
- Anna Balgowan (1767-?)
- Thomas Balgowan (1772-?)
- Robert Balgowan (1774-?))
- Katharine Balgowan (1790-?)
- James Balgowan (1792-1841)
- Jean Balgowan (1794-?)
- James Balgowan (1805-?)
- William Cuthbert Balgowan (1808-1887)
William belonged to the parish of Drumblade. He worked as an Agricultural laborer.
He was buried in Rhynie church yard. A memorial was erected to them by their son William who sent money from NSW. It mentions his brother James and says they are their 'only lawful offspring'.
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Family Search, M111882.
- jan balgowan, balgowan family file.
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Family Search, Batch C111984.
- Nessa Burns Reifsnyder.
- Glenn Telfer.