William Jennison (1758-1819)
Soldier in the American Revolution
- Son of Israel Jennison (1713-1782) and Mary Heywood
- 1758-Apr-13 : Birth at Worcester, Massachusetts
- 1777 : Revolutionary War Service
- 1788-Oct-30 : Marriage to Sara Sumner (1754-1832), daughter of Rev Joseph Sumner at Shrewsbury, Massachusetts.
- 1819-Jul-19 : Died in Swanton, Vermont, aged 62 years.
A soldier of the American Revolution, however there were several of this name who served in the war with distinction. In 1777 he appears to be in Colonel Asa Whitcomb's Worcester county regiment.
His wife died at Swanton, Vermont, according to the history of Shrewsbury, in 1831, aged 67 years. Other family records list her death in Feb 1, 1832, aged 68 years.
Children of William Jennison and Sarah Sumner
- Elizabeth Stowell Jennison - b 24-July-1789
- Joseph Sumner Jennison (1791-1856) - a farmer in Swanton Vt, m. Theoda Barber
- Nahum Eager Jennison - b 24-Apr-1793
- Charles Horace Jennison - b. 02-Mar-1796 at Southboro, MA
- William Danielson Jennison - b 10-Sep-1798 at Shrewsbury, MA
- New England Families - genealogical memoirs - Vol 2, pg 885, Publ 1908 by William Cutter. Google Books.