William Lansdown was born 15 September 1828 in Stoke St Michael, Somerset, England, United Kingdom to William Lansdown (1792-1875) and Anne Fussell (1788-1872) and died 1905 Launceston, Tasmania, Australia of unspecified causes.
- 6 Jun 1841 - living with mother and siblings at Stoke Lane, Somerset. Age shown as 11.
- 6 Jul 1841 - Somerset - Convicted of Larceny from a person - 9 months imprisonment for highway robbery
- 3 Jul 1848 - Wells, Somerset - Convicted of Larceny (stealing 1 hundred-weight of hay) before convicted of a Felony - Transported for 10 years - convicted with Henry Hodges
- 30 Mar 1851 - Alverstoke, Hampshire - York Convict Hulk Gosport - listed with Henry Hodges of Shepton Mallet.
- 19 Sep 1851 - departs England aboard the Convict Ship "Rodney" - along with Henry Hodges
- 20 Dec 1851 - arrived Tasmania, Australia
- 1 Aug 1854 - Received a Conditional Pardon
- 31 May 1887 - Lanceston, Tasmania - married widowed convict Margaret Darrough alias Drew
From records in Tasmania
Age given in 1851 was 23 years
Height 5'6" (167cm)
Reads and writes a little
Church of England
Family: Father - William
Mother - Anne
Brother - Thomas (at sea)
Sister - Anne
He did not have a son Halvar Lansdowne Smith born and died in 1888. This child was the son of William Smith and Sarah Susannah Connor.